14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- No data mining background needed
- Data analysts
- Anyone who wants to learn about SPSS Modeler
IBM SPSS Modeler is a software used for data mining and text analytics. It provides a set of data mining tools that can build predictive models and perform data analytic tasks.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at data analysts or anyone who wishes to use SPSS Modeler to perform data mining activities.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the fundamentals of data mining.
- Learn how to import and assess data quality with the Modeler.
- Develop, deploy, and evaluate data models efficiently.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Overview of advanced analytics and data mining
- Overview of CRISP-DM
- Understanding the Modeler UI
- Understanding the mechanics of building streams
- Reading data into Modeler
- Measurement level and field roles
- Using the data audit node
- Selecting cases
- Reclassifying categorical values
- Using append node and merge node
- Deriving fields
- Overview of modeling
- Using a partition node
- Building a CHAID model
- Model assessment
Evaluation and Deployment
- Using analysis and evaluation node
- Scoring new data and exporting
- Using flat file node
Summary and Next Steps