14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Basic knowledge of data mining process and techniques
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
Waikato Environment for Knowledge Analysis (Weka) is an open-source data mining visualization software. It provides a collection of machine learning algorithms for data preparation, classification, clustering, and other data mining activities.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at beginner to intermediate-level data analysts and data scientists who wish to use Weka to perform data mining tasks.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Weka.
- Understand the Weka environment and workbench.
- Perform data mining tasks using Weka.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Overview of Weka
- Understanding the data mining process
- Installing and configuring Weka
- Understanding the Weka UI
- Setting up the environment and project
- Exploring the Weka workbench
- Loading and Exploring the dataset
Implementing Regression Models
- Understanding the different regression models
- Processing and saving processed data
- Evaluating a model using cross-validation
- Serializing and visualizing a decision tree model
Implementing Classification Models
- Understanding feature selection and data processing
- Building and evaluating classification models
- Building and visualizing a decision tree model
- Encoding text data in numeric form
- Performing classification on text data
Implementing Clustering Models
- Understanding K-means clustering
- Normalizing and visualizing data
- Performing K-means clustering
- Performing hierarchical clustering
- Performing EM clustering
Deploying a Weka Model
Summary and Next Steps