21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- Web Developers
Ionic is a web framework for hybrid mobile application development. Ionic 4 brings new innovations to the Ionic platform such as a refactored CLI, changes in navigation, Angular routing, and more.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at web developers who wish to create a hybrid mobile application with Ionic 4.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Integrate native device features into a hybrid mobile application.
- Use Angular and Ionic 4 to build a hybrid mobile application.
- Run a hybrid application on a mobile device emulator.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Processes and modules used in Ionic for web development
- How Ionic and Angular work together
Overview of Angular
- Components and attributes used in Angular
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing Ionic and Angular
- Installing Cordova
- Testing installations with Ionic Lab
Templating in Ionic and Angular
- Using Ionic grids
- Setting styles and variables
- Creating CSS rules
- Generating services
- Consuming REST APIs
- Creating and using a data model
- Testing with Ionic DevApp
- Generating and routing pages
- Retrieving data
- Adding page design
- Using lists
- Generating pages with modals and fabs
- Implementing complex lists
- Using pull to refresh
- Adding an auth guard
- Setting up Ionic Native packages
- Accessing native device features
- Testing native device features
Connecting to a Backend
- Setting up Firebase
- Creating auth guards and services
- Sending data via HTTP
- Fetching, displaying, and loading data
Troubleshooting with Cordova
- Preparing for Android standards
- Running a hybrid application on an Android device emulator
- Preparing for iOS standards
- Running a hybrid application on a iOS device emulator
Summary and Conclusion