28 hours (usually 4 days including breaks)
Some knowledge on data plotting X-Y graphs, histograms and scatter plots plus a general understanding of trends in data and time series graphing.
This course is intended for engineers and decision makers working in data mining and knoweldge discovery.
You will learn how to create effective plots and ways to present and represent your data in a way that will appeal to the decision makers and help them to understand hidden information.
- what is data visualization
- why it is important
- data visualization vs data mining
- human cognition
- common pitfalls
- different type of curves
- drill down curves
- categorical data plotting
- multi variable plots
- data glyph and icon representation
- plotting KPIs with data
- R and X charts examples
- what if dashboards
- parallel axes mixing
- categorical data with numeric data
- different hats of data visualization
- how can data visualization lie
- disguised and hidden trends
- a case study of student data
- visual queries and region selection