14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- A general understanding of Apache Kafka
- Java programming experience
- System Administrators
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at engineers who wish to use Confluent (a distribution of Kafka) to build and manage a real-time data processing platform for their applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Confluent Platform.
- Use Confluent’s management tools and services to run Kafka more easily.
- Store and process incoming stream data.
- Optimize and manage Kafka clusters.
- Secure data streams.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- This course is based on the open source version of Confluent: Confluent Open Source.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Running Apache Kafka at scale with Confluent.
Setting up Confluent
Overview of Confluent Features and Architecture
Building a Streaming Platform
The Publish and Subscribe Process
How Kafka Stores Data
Processing Data On-the-Fly
Case Study: Twitter Analytics
Implementing Kafka’s APIs
- Producer, Consumer, Streams, and Connect
Building Applications on Top of Kafka
Case Study: Netflix Movie Recommendations
Adding New Systems
Detecting Problems with Message Delivery
Summary and Conclusion