Fundamentals of performance testing
What is software performance testing?
Why performance testing is required?
General overview of how performance testing is done in a typical project
Understand different phases of performance testing
Understand performance testing life cycle
An overview of different types of performance tests
An overview of frequently used performance testing terminologies
- A computer with an internet access
- No prior knowledge of performance testing is required
- Some background knowledge of software testing is a plus, but not absolutely necessary
Start your performance testing career right here. This course will teach you all the basics you will ever need to start a lucrative career in performance testing field.
Starting with understanding what is performance testing, this course will make you familiar with performance testing life cycle and different types of performance tests.
Performance testing is riddled with lot of concepts, understanding which can be daunting for new performance testers. Therefore, to make new performance testers’ life easier, this course gives an overview of all the important terminologies related to performance testing.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start with software performance testing.
- Software testers who want to start career in performance testing
- Performance testers who wants to refresh their basics.
- Software testers who want to know basics of performance testing
4 sections • 15 lectures • 1h 43m total lengthExpand all sections
Course Introduction1 lecture • 1min
- Course Introduction01:01
Performance Testing Introduction2 lectures • 31min
- Performance Testing Introduction13:44
- Performance Testing Life Cycle16:58
Important Performance Testing Terminologies8 lectures • 37min
- Performance Bottleneck06:03
- Concurrent Users and Simultaneous Users02:36
- Average Load and Peak Load02:32
- Response Time, Latency and Throughput06:14
- Ramp Up, Ramp Down and Steady State03:52
- Think Time and Pacing04:53
- Workload Modeling05:31
- Performance Monitoring05:21
Types of Performance Tests4 lectures • 35min
- Load Test07:56
- Stress Test07:39
- Soak Test08:10
- Spike Test11:09