14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Web Developers
The MERN Stack is a collection of web development software, namely MongoDB, Express, React, and Node.js. The MERN Stack provides an end-to-end framework for developers to build and deploy fullstack web applications.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at web developers who wish to use the MERN Stack for fullstack development.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Integrate React with MongoDB, Express, and Node.js.
- Build a fullstack web application from scratch.
- Implement application security through authorization and authentication.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Fullstack Development and the MERN Stack
- What is the MERN Stack?
- Frontend vs backend development
- REST vs GraphQL
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring React
- Installing and configuring Express
- Installing and configuring Node
- Installing and configuring MongoDB
Frontend Development with React
- Setting up pages and routes
- Adding components
- Working with React hooks
REST API Development with Node and Express
- Implementing routing
- Handling errors
- Using Postman
Backend Development with MongoDB
- Creating a schema and model
- Adding, updating, and deleting data
Frontend to Backend
- Sending requests to the backend
- Creating custom hooks
Authorization and Authentication
- Generating, storing, and managing tokens
- Creating an authentication hook
- Deploying with Heroku
- Debugging and error handling
Summary and Conclusion