14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of cloud computing concepts
- Networking experience
- Network engineers
- System administrators
- DevOps engineers
Project Calico is a networking solution for containers and virtual machines. Originally created for OpenStack to simplify data transmission across the network, today it supports Kubernetes, OpenShift, Docker EE, OpenStack, bare metal services, and others. Calico uses IP routing instead of switching, virtual networks, overlay networks, and other complicated workarounds to enable efficient and secure networking.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at engineers who wish to network Kubernetes clusters using a simplified IP routing based approach.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Calico.
- Use Calico to create a container networking solution for Kubernetes clusters.
- Understand how Calico differs from traditional overlay networks.
- Understand how Calico combines internet routing protocols with consensus-based data stores.
- Use Calico to provide a secure network policy for Kubernetes.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- To learn more about Project Calico, please visit: https://www.projectcalico.org/
- Layer 3 networking vs overlay networks
Installing and Configuring Calico
Overview of Calico Features and Architecture
The Problem with Traditional Overlay Networks
Understanding L3 Connectivity and IP Routing
Overview of Calico Components
Setting up a Kubernetes Network Policy with Calico
Setting up IP Routes on Each Host
Deploying an Application
Creating an Advanced Network Policy
Summary and Conclusion