Where is the International Space Station, Who’s On It? Let’s Build a Web App to Find out with Python and Data Science
- Student should know the basics of Python, installing and loading libraries and running a Jupyter notebook
Join me as we explore space, the ISS, Python and some of the basics of data science. I will show how to locate the International Space Station in realtime using Python and a rest API call and how to build a web app to share it with the world. I will also show you:
– How to get the names of astronauts currently on board
– Get the realtime location of the ISS
– Plot the ISS on a world map
-Track and collect the ISS position for historic analysis
– Model ISS location data using both linear and polynomial regressions
– Create a real mobile Web Application on the cloud so you can use your phone to share the location of the ISS to all your friends
– Add a link to the official ISS live feed
So astronauts, young and old, very young and very old, climb on board, and let’s have some fun!
Who this course is for:
- The curious and the space lovers – all are welcome!
1 section • 6 lectures • 1h 12m total length