14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Experience with back-end development
Envoy Mobile is a service proxy and client networking library that can be integrated into client mobile applications, providing routing, telemetry, and more. Envoy Mobile’s ultimate goal is to make the network easier to work with.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to implement Envoy Mobile as a service proxy and client networking library in a client mobile application.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start developing an Envoy Mobile service.
- Monitor log files with binary analyze.
- Optimize the loading speed of a web application.
- Increase application response times for better business outcomes.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Envoy Mobile and Service Proxies
- Processes and components used to create network functionality for mobile web applications
Overview of the Mobile Web Development Cycle
- Native logic
- Front-end versus back-end
Back-End Development Enviroment
- Rate limiting
Preparing the Development Environment
- Installing and configuring Bazel
- Updating and overriding dependencies
- Installing and configuring Gonlang used for compiling Bazel files
Creating an Envoy Mobile Service
- Configuring the “Envoy” module
- Creating a simple Python server to enable localhost
- Coding a todo list
File Analysis for the Application
- Building the binary for analysis
- Compiling and stripping the binary
- Using jTool for binary size analysis
- Running file analysis
Testing the Application
- Perform network requests on the Python server to observe user activity
Deploying the Application
- Running on the application a mobile simulator or mobile device
Summary and Conclusion