35 hours (usually 5 days including breaks)
- An basic understanding of container concepts
- Experience with the Linux command line
- Application development experience
Docker is an open-source platform for automating the process of building, shipping and running applications inside containers.
Kubernetes goes one step further by providing the tools needed to deploy and manage containerized applications at scale in a clustered environment.
OpenShift Container Platform (formerly OpenShift Enterprise) brings Docker and Kubernetes together into a managed platform, or PaaS (Platform as a Service), to further ease and simplify the deployment of Docker and Kubernetes. It provides predefined application environments and helps to realize key DevOps principles such as reduced time to market, infrastructure as code, continuous integration (CI), and continuous delivery (CD). OpenShift Container Platform is maintained by Red Hat and runs atop of Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn how to use OpenShift Container Platform to deploy containerized applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Create and configure an OpenShift setup.
- Quickly deploy applications on-premise, in public cloud or on a hosted cloud.
Format of the Course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice.
Course Customization Options
- This course is based on OpenShift Container Platform version 3.x.
- To customize the course or request training on a different version of OpenShift (e.g., OpenShift Container Platform 4 or OKD), please contact us to arrange.
- From Docker containers, to managed clusters of containers with Kubernetes, to managed Docker and Kubernetes with OpenShift.
- Overview of Docker architecture
- Setting up Docker
- Running a web application in a container
- Managing Docker images
- Networking Docker containers
- Managing the date inside a Docker Container
- Overview of Kubernetes architecture
- Managing a cluster of Docker containers with Kubernetes
OpenShift Container Platform
- Overview of OpenShift Container Platform architecture
- Creating containerized services
- Managing Docker containers with OpenShift Container Platform
- Creating and managing container images
- Deploying multi-container applications
- Setting up an OpenShift Container Platform cluster
- Deploying applications on OpenShift Container Platform using source-to-image (S2I)