14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of Android development
- Software Architects
Dagger 2 is an injection framework for Android applications. Using Dagger, users can implement pure dependency injection without involving any third-party frameworks all while improving architecture structure and long-term maintainability.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at software architects who wish to use Dagger 2 for dependency injection in Android applications.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up a project with dependency injection with Dagger 2.
- Integrate Dagger 2 into an Android application.
- Implement dependency injection without using third-party frameworks.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Dagger 2 Overview
- What is Dagger 2?
- Dagger 2 features
Dependency Injection at a Glance
- Dependency injection techniques
- Architectural pattern
Preparing the Development Environment
- Setting up Dagger 2
Dependency Injection Quick Start
- Building a project
- Decoupling logic
- Sharing an instance
- Preventing injections
- Adding Dagger dependency
- Creating an application scope
- Using components
- Working with multibindings
Testing the Application
- Testing with unit tests, mock tests, and repo unit tests
Debugging the Application
- Handling errors
Deploying the Application
- Running an emulated Android device
Securing the Application
- Hiding data and hardening the application
Summary and Conclusion