14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of data analysis
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server
SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services), is a Microsoft SQL Server transactional processing (OLAP) and data mining tool for analyzing data across multiple databases, tables or files. The semantic data models provided by SSAS are used by client applications such as Power BI, Excel, Reporting Services, and other data visualization tools.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants will learn how to use SSAS to analyze large volumes of data in databases and data warehouses.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure SSAS
- Understand the relationship between SSAS, SSIS, and SSRS
- Apply multidimensional data modeling to extract business insights from data
- Design OLAP (Online Analytical Processing) cubes
- Query and manipulate multidimensional data using the MDX (Multidimensional Expressions) query language
- Deploy real-world BI solutions using SSAS
- BI (Business Intelligence) professionals
- Data Analysts
- Database and data warehousing professionals
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion
- Lots of exercises and practice
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment
Course Customization Options
- This training is based on the latest version of Microsoft SQL Server and SSAS.
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Installing and Configuring SSAS
Overview of SSAS Features and Architecture
Data Insight and Business Intelligence
New functionality Column store Index
Querying Data in SSAS Tabular
Querying Multidimensional Data
Summary and Conclusion