7 hours (usually 1 day including breaks)
- Experience with SQL queries
- Programming experience in any language
- Data analysts
- Data scientists
- Data engineers
Spark SQL is Apache Spark’s module for working with structured and unstructured data. Spark SQL provides information about the structure of the data as well as the computation being performed. This information can be used to perform optimizations. Two common uses for Spark SQL are:
– to execute SQL queries.
– to read data from an existing Hive installation.
In this instructor-led, live training (onsite or remote), participants will learn how to analyze various types of data sets using Spark SQL.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Spark SQL.
- Perform data analysis using Spark SQL.
- Query data sets in different formats.
- Visualize data and query results.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Overview of Data Access Approaches (Hive, databases, etc.)
Overview of Spark Features and Architecture
Installing and Configuring Spark
Understanding Dataframes in Spark
Defining Tables and Importing Datasets
Querying Data Frames using SQL
Carrying out Aggregations, JOINs and Nested Queries
Uploading and Accessing Data
Querying Different Types of Data
- JSON, Parquet, etc.
Querying Data Lakes with SQL
Summary and Conclusion