14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- An understanding of databases.
- An understanding of Java.
Apache Ignite is an in-memory computing platform that sits between the application and data layer to improve speed, scale, and availability.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn the principles behind persistent and pure in-memory storage as they step through the creation of a sample in-memory computing project.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Use Ignite for in-memory, on-disk persistence as well as a purely distributed in-memory database.
- Achieve persistence without syncing data back to a relational database.
- Use Ignite to carry out SQL and distributed joins.
- Improve performance by moving data closer to the CPU, using RAM as a storage.
- Spread data sets across a cluster to achieve horizontal scalability.
- Integrate Ignite with RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop and machine learning processors.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Overview of Big Data Tools and Technologies
Installing and Configuring Apache Ignite
Overview of Ignite Architecture
Querying Data in Ignite
Spreading Large Data Sets across a Cluster
Understanding the In-Memory Data Grid
Writing a Service in Ignite
Running Distributed Computing with Ignite
Integrating Ignite with RDBMS, NoSQL, Hadoop and Machine Learning Processors
Testing and Troubleshooting
Summary and Conclusion