14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Java programming experience
Apache Hama is a framework based on the Bulk Synchronous Parallel (BSP) computing model and is primarily used for Big Data analytics.
In this instructor-led, live training, participants will learn the fundamentals of Apache Hama as they step through the creation of a BSP-based application and a vertex-centric program using the Apache Hama frameworks.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Install and configure Apache Hama
- Understand the fundamentals of Apache Hama and the Bulk Synchronous Parallel (BSP) programming model
- Build a BSP-based program using Apache Hama BSP framework
- Build a vertex-centric program using Apache Hama Graph Framework
- Build, test, and debug their own Apache Hama applications
Format of the course
- Part lecture, part discussion, exercises and heavy hands-on practice
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Introduction to Apache Hama and the Bulk Synchronous Parallel (BSP) Programming Model
Installing and Configuring Apache Hama
Overview of Apache Hama Features and Architecture
Overview of the Apache Hama BSP Framework
Creating a BSP-Based Pi Calculation Program with Apache Hama BSP Framework
Overview of the Apache Hama Graph Computing Framework
Creating a Page Rank Vertex-Centric Program with Apache Hama Graph Framework
Debugging Your Apache Hama BSP Applications
Summary and Conclusion