14 hours (usually 2 days including breaks)
- Experience with Android development
- Familiarity with Java or Kotlin programming
Android TV is an Android platform developed by Google for smart TVs. Apps built for Android TV allow users to view and navigate the user interface on large screens. Android TV also features content discovery, voice support, and live content feeds that bring mobile apps experience to a TV device.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at developers who wish to design and build new Android TV apps. They can also extend their existing apps to run on TV devices for boosting app engagement and revenue.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up the necessary development environment to start developing Android TV apps.
- Understand the requirements for qualifying an app as a TV app.
- Create and test apps on an Android TV emulator for a first-hand user experience.
- Make the TV app searchable and integrate it with Google Assistant to optimize the user experience.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
- Overview of Android TV features and benefits
- Preparing the development environment
- Understanding the code structure
- Setting up Android TV emulator
Creating Android TV Apps
- Overview of Leanback library
- Understanding the Android TV app criteria
- Creating a catalog browser
- Creating a card presenter and view
- Adding controls and player
- Creating playlists and details view
- Setting up listeners for clicked items
- Working with controls and player
- Implementing playback screen
- Building and running videos
Optimizing Android TV Apps Engagement
- Adding recommended content and channels
- Making TV apps searchable
- Integrating TV apps with the Google Assistant
- Adding related videos preview
Summary and Conclusion