An introduction on how to work with S3 and Python
- Some Python knowledge
- Computer and Internet Connection
- AWS Account
- IDE or Text Editor such as Atom
This course is aimed at users who are needing to use S3 as part of their overall solution and are needing to quickly learn what S3 is, what it is for and how to use it. Common users of this course include but not limited to data analysts, business intelligence users and data scientists.
This can also serve as an introductory course to engineers, however the focus is not around security and access management or bucket policies.
If you are new to S3 and are curious about using Python to interact with S3, then this is the course for you.
This course aims to:
- Introduce you to what S3 is
- Familiarize you with the AWS Console so you can:
- Set up groups, users and credentials
- Interface with S3
- Show you how to do the following in S3 with Python
- Create Buckets
- Upload files
- Download files
- Delete files
- Delete Bucket
After this course you should feel confident in using Python to manage your S3 content.
Note: In order to get the most out of this course, you will want to:
- Have working knowledge of Python
- Have a Python environment that you can use to work along with the examples
- Have an IDE or good Text Editor (e.g. VS Code, Pycharm, Atom)
Lastly, this is a condensed course and my desire is that you can learn what you need over the weekend and feel confident enough to take your new skills to work the next day!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner Python Developers
- Data Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Business Intelligence Users
4 sections • 13 lectures • 1h 10m total length