Master the fundamentals of Python while working on various use cases in easy steps
- No programming experience needed – I’ll teach you everything you need to know
- A Mac or PC computer with access to the internet
- I’ll walk you through, step-by-step how to get all the software installed and set up
- No paid software required – I’ll teach you how to use PyCharm
Here is what you will get and learn by taking this Python Programming course:
- When to use Python 2 and when to use Python 3.
- How to install Python on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- How to prepare your computer for programming in Python.
- The various ways to run a Python program on Windows, Mac, and Linux.
- Suggested text editors and integrated development environments to use when coding in Python.
- How to work with various data types including strings, lists, tuples, dictionaries, booleans, and more.
- What variables are and when to use them.
- How to perform mathematical operations using Python.
- How to capture input from a user.
- Ways to control the flow of your programs.
- The importance of white space in Python.
- How to organize your Python programs — Learn what goes where.
- What modules are, when you should use them, and how to create your own.
- How to define and use functions.
- Important built-in Python functions that you’ll use often.
- How to read from and write to files.
- The difference between binary and text files.
- Various ways of getting help and find Python documentation.
- Practice exercises with solutions so you can start using what you learn right away.
- A download that contains the scripts used in the presentations and lessons. You’ll be able to look at and experiment with everything you’re learning.
- Quizzes after each section just to make sure you’re learning the most important aspects of Python programming
Who this course is for:
- Python for beginners
2 sections • 11 lectures • 1h 42m total length