Create E-Commerce site on local computer
Write backend test automation on you own site
Write frontend (Selenium WebDriver) test automation on you own site
Connect to the site’s database
Test WooCommerce API to write automation code
Install WordPress and plugin
- Access to the internet during the installation phase.
This is a short course teaching you how you can install and run an E-Commerce site on your own computer. You will be able to install and run a full fledged E-Commerce site on your computer where you can practice writing Selenium WebDriver (frontend) or backend api testing.
You will have access to a REST API and MySQL database. You should be able to write any tests you would in your QA Automation job.
If you area learning Selenium WebDriver, Robot Framework, BDD Testing …. and such, having your own site to practice will be a lot of help.
We have full courses related to Selenium WebDriver, Robot Framework, BDD Testing using Python language, and we use these site to practice the concepts we teach.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner QA Test Automation Engineers
- Anyone looking to create a website on local machine
3 sections • 15 lectures • 1h 18m total lengthExpand all sections
Introduction To Course1 lecture • 2min
- Introduction to the Course02:01
Steps to creating the site and testing13 lectures • 1hr 14min
- Options to Run WordPress07:50
- Running WordPress with MAMP17:02
- Install ‘Local’02:23
- Creating the site03:58
- Install theme02:20
- Install plugin (WooCommerce)04:51
- Adding sample products03:37
- Setup Home Page and Registration04:33
- Use ‘Coupons’ to checkout06:16
- Checkout with “Cash on Delivery”02:35
- Setup and Test WooCommerce Rest API13:40
- Connecting to Database04:47
- Learn to write automation (Discounted Courses)00:25
Course Conclusion1 lecture • 2min