Are you looking to gain a greater understanding of the different stages in the software development cycle? Do you want to gain knowledge of coding terminology and the key principles of writing code? Do you want to have a certificate to add to your CV?
This qualification is designed for learners who want to gain knowledge of coding. The qualification may also support progression into further study in coding or other topics within the digital sector.
This qualification aims to:
- focus on an introduction to coding within the digital sector.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable the learner to gain an understanding of:
- principles of coding
- the stages of the software development cycle
- coding terminology and the key principles of writing code
- different coding types
- best practices in coding
- methods of testing and the DevOps process
- effective communication and project management in coding.
Successful completion of the course leads to a Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Coding. This is a government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with vision2learn:
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- One-to-one support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
Testimonial from our learners:
“My entire experience with vision2learn has been nothing but outstanding from start to finish. The signing up process was not at all difficult and I felt supported throughout.
I could not recommend this company highly enough and would definitely use them again”
Unit 1: Understand the principles of coding
Know about coding languages
Understand job functions in coding
Understand the software development lifecycle
Unit 2: Understand terminology used in coding
Understand basic computer terminology
Understand coding acronyms and terminology
Understand key principles when writing code
Unit 3: Understand coding design principles
Know about different coding types
Understand what is meant by compiled and interpreted code
Understand what is meant by a pure function
Unit 4: Understand the processes and practice of coding
Understand the principles of best practice in coding
Understand the methods of testing code
Understand DevOps processes
Understand the importance of robust coding
Unit 5: Understand the importance of communication and project management in coding
Understand the importance of communication
Understand the purpose of feedback in developing communication skills
Understand the principles of project management
Understand Agile developments
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for learners who are looking to gain an introduction to coding. It will support the learner to progress into further study and support those interested in progressing to employment in a coding or IT related role.
To be eligible for a free place you must be:
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- Resident of England only and does not cover Northern Ireland or Wales
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
- Your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility to study with some colleges.
- You are able to complete the course regardless, if you are working or receiving benefits. If you receive benefits, you will be asked to provide evidence in the form a current award letter.