Incorporate Testing artifacts into each SDLC Phase and conduct SDLC Phase Test Gating for their project.
- Students do not need previous experience with the Software Development Life Cycle or Gating, but should have a basic understanding of the testing artifacts produced for a typical Software development project.
The SDLC and Gating for Testing Professionals course is geared towards software testing professionals at the beginner and intermediate levels who want advance their understanding of the software development lifecycle. Test Analysts, Test Leads and Test Managers will gain an understanding of the Testing Artifacts required at each phase of the SDLC and the Gating criteria that applies to the testing activities and the testing artifacts for each phase.
The course is presented as a slide presentation with embedded video to guide you and provide additional content. The course is approximately one hour in length.
The course is divided into three main sections, each one presenting the material for each phase of the SDLC individually. The first section presents an overview of each SDLC phase and the main project activities that occur within that phase. This discussion is not limited to the testing activities, but give a more general overview of each phase. The second section gives a comprehensive look at the specific testing artifacts required at each individual phase of the SDLC. The third section presents the gating criteria for each SDLC phase as it pertains to the testing activities and testing artifacts.
This course is designed for software testing professionals as a practical guide and tool to apply to their current and future projects. The slides can be used as job aids for listing testing artifacts by SDLC phase and for gating criteria by SDLC phase.
Previous SDLC or Gating knowledge is not required. If you are a Test Lead or Test Manager who is very familiar with the SDLC and Gating, this may not be the right course for you. This course is geared towards Software Testing Professionals so may not be as useful for people outside of testing.
Who this course is for:
- This SDLC and Gating course is geared towards testing professionals. Test Analysts, Test Leads and Test Managers will gain an understanding of the Testing Artifacts required at each phase of the SDLC and the Gating criteria for testing for each phase. Previous SDLC or Gating knowledge is not required. If you are a Test Lead or Test Manager who is very familiar with the SDLC and Gating, this may not be the right course for you. This course is geared towards Testing Professionals so may not be as useful for people outside of testing.
5 sections • 24 lectures • 1h 2m total lengthExpand all sections
Introduction to the Course1 lecture • 2min
SDLC and Gating Overview1 lecture • 3min
- SDLC and Gating Overview02:48
SDLC Phases – Overview7 lectures • 20min
- SDLC Phase – Business Requirements03:07
- SDLC Phase – System Requirements04:02
- SDLC Phase – Design03:27
- SDLC Phase – Development03:15
- SDLC Phase – Test03:29
- SDLC Phase – Deploy00:55
- SDLC Phase – Warranty and Project Closure01:47
- SDLC Phase Activities Quiz4 questions
Test Artifacts by SDLC Phase8 lectures • 18min
- Test Artifacts Introduction00:58
- Test Artifacts – Business Requirements Phase01:32
- Test Artifacts – System Requirements Phase02:05
- Test Artifacts – Design Phase02:56
- Test Artifacts – Development Phase04:05
- Test Artifacts – Test Phase04:00
- Test Artifacts – Deploy Phase01:22
- Test Artifacts – Warranty and Project Closure Phase01:29
- Test Artifacts by SDLC Phase Quiz4 questions
SDLC Phase Gating and “Go no Go”7 lectures • 19min
- SDLC Gating and “Go no Go” Overview03:03
- Gate 1 – Business Requirements01:38
- Gate 2 – System Requirements01:31
- Gate 3 – Design02:00
- Gate 4 – Development03:00
- Gate 5 – Test and Go no Go Decisions06:10
- Gate 6 – Warranty and Project Closure01:53
- SDLC Phase Gating Quiz4 questions