API/Web Service Testing using Postman
How to use Postman tool for API Testing
HTTP GET, PUT, POST and DELETE HTTP Verbs
Working with Postman features such as Collection, Global, Environment, Snippet, Workspace, Mock Server, Console and Monitor
- No Prior Knowledge of Postman Tool
- Basic Knowledge of HTTP protocol
- You need to have a decent spec laptop/desktop and internet connection
- Prior knowledge of any test automation will be useful but not necessary
Postman is an API platform for building and using APIs. Postman simplifies each step of the API lifecycle and streamlines collaboration so you can create better APIs—faster
API testing is a type of software testing that analyzes an application program interface (API) to verify it fulfills its expected functionality, security, performance and reliability. The tests are performed either directly on the API or as part of integration testing
API Testing has gained popularity these days because of evolution of Micro Services. Each components are made as web service and to test these web services we can make use of Postman to test RESTful APIs manually. In this you will learn from basics to intermediate concepts of API Testing using REST APIs using Postman.
The topics which we have covered in this are .
– What is Postman and how to install it?
– Install and Use real time software and use it to send requests
– Creating GET, POST, PUT and DELETE requests
– Creating collections
– Global, Environment Variables
– Using Snippets & Assertions
– Using Console
– Using Workspace
– Using Mock Server
– Using Monitor
You will learn all the above step by step with an example.
I look forward to your participation in learning and gaining knowledge.
For free videos on other topics, pls go to youtube channel “Raj Tech-Trainer” and subscribe the channel for upcoming videos, share and like the content.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner to Web Service Testing
- Beginner to API Testing Tools
- Freshers and Interns who want to gain knowledge on API/Web Service Testing
- Who are curious about Software Testing
1 section • 7 lectures • 1h 13m total length
Basics of API Testing and Features of Postman7 lectures • 1hr 14min
- Introduction to Web Service and Postman07:21
- Installation of REST Application for Test06:34
- Working with HTTP GET Verb using Postman with Example05:29
- Working with PUT,POST and DELETE HTTP Verb10:16
- Working with Collections05:25
- Working with Global, Environment, Snippet and Console features21:20
- Workspaces, Mockserver & Monitor feature17:13