What are Unit Tests in Java
Why are Unit Tests a vital point in any Java project
How to write meaningful Unit Tests in Java
Unit Tests – Tips
What practices should be avoided when writing unit tests
- Basic Java and Spring Boot knowledge needed.
- Injection mechanism in Spring Boot
This course presents a way to start with Unit Tests in Java. The examples that I’m providing are inside a Spring Boot App. I think this adds value for you when it comes to getting a clearer picture of Unit Tests in an actual environment that is used by thousands if not millions of apps.
I think that it’s important for you to understand that these are my opinions when it comes to unit testing. I’m sure that there are many advice out there which are better than mine. What I’m trying to present here is how I see the Unit Tests after a couple of years of professional experience with them. I try to discuss about different topics that I learned about in the most basic ways.
This course comes up with answers about what are Unit Tests and why it’s good to have them. It also has a practical part, in which I present you some code samples of unit testing. In the end, I mention some tips that helped me along the way, and then I enumerate bad practices that I’m trying to avoid.
I hope from the bottom of my heart that this course will help you!
Who this course is for:
- This course is recommended to all Java developers who want to learn or improve their Java Unit Testing skills.
6 sections • 15 lectures • 41m total lengthExpand all sections
Course introduction1 lecture • 1min
- Course introduction00:37
Introduction to Java Unit Tests3 lectures • 5min
- What is a unit test?00:53
- Why create and use unit tests?02:40
- Unit tests – mandatory or optional?01:00
Coding part: Write meaningful Unit Tests5 lectures • 36min
- Create a Spring Boot App that has two endpoints05:48
- Which classes are we going to unit test and why?04:21
- Unit tests for the Controller class – addNewCar()10:59
- Unit tests for the Controller class – getAllCars()06:32
- Unit tests for the Service class – Code coverage07:52
Tips2 lectures • 1min
- Golden rule00:10
- List of things that I try to keep in my mind00:15
Bad practices1 lecture • 1min
- Try to avoid doing the following00:12
Course recap3 lectures • 1min
- Course Recap00:20
- Thank you for your time00:05
- Helpful Links00:05