Be job ready in the IT workplace
Software development lifecycles
IT help desk and support
Software manual and automation testing
Do you know that you can achieve a lucrative IT career without even needing to be techie? This accredited course will give you the knowledge of the following:
Development Lifecycle – These are processes for IT teams to follow to help deliver projects. It’s crucial to have knowledge around this as questions around the development lifecycle is common in IT job interviews.
IT Support – You don’t need to be technical to make a start in IT Support. You can build up your skills once you start the job and progress to many areas in IT such as Testing, Development and Dev Ops.
Testing – How great is it to have a job where you find bugs in the application and report it? Yes you get paid for reporting that something is broken and you don’t even have to fix it. On top of that it pays handsomely. The demand for testers is huge in the IT market.
What you will get from taking this course:
- Knowledge of how the IT industry works
By taking this course you will be prepared for a career in IT and know all about the agile way of working, the IT software development lifecycle and other terminologies.
- Be ahead of other candidates when applying for jobs
State in your CV that you have taken our accredited course. This is a huge plus in the eyes of IT employers as you have proven your willingness to learn. The fact we’re accredited holds huge weight compared to non-accredited courses.
- Be job ready in the IT market
After taking this course, you will have all the relevant information to be job ready in IT support or Testing. We also briefly mention other roles in this course to give you more options to consider.
An introduction into METIS – who we are, why we started and what we do:
- Who we are: Metis was formed to help bridge the knowledge gap between graduation and employment. Our courses help students/young professionals get ahead of the game and become a more attractive proposition to employers.
- Why we started: Created by an IT industry professional, Mayur Patel found that when he graduated from University, he didn’t know what to do and how to break into his desired job market. Many graduates face the same issue to this day.
- What we do: We offer accredited courses and exams to anyone looking to get into IT. In the future we will offer advanced courses that are more specific to IT roles.
– At the time during recording the course was named ‘Be Ready For An IT Career’. It is now known as the ‘Foundation Level IT Professional Certification’.
– At the end of this course, you will receive the Udemy certificate of this course (based on the Udemy course name). To achieve the ‘Foundation Level IT Professional Certification’ certificate, you will need to pass a separate exam (see bonus lecture).
Who this course is for:
- People who want to get into IT and start an IT career
- People who are currently working in IT and want to develop further
- People who are potentially looking for a different career path
- Students and graduates from both IT and non IT background looking to make a start in their job careers
- People who have been made redundant and are looking for a fast track towards a new and lucrative career
7 sections • 8 lectures • 1h 55m total lengthExpand all sections
Introduction1 lecture • 3min
Methodologies and Development Lifecycle1 lecture • 15min
- Methodologies and Development Lifecycle15:21
IT Support1 lecture • 12min
- IT Support11:55
Testing Foundations1 lecture • 23min
- Testing Foundations23:14
Manual Testing Activities1 lecture • 15min
- Manual Testing Activities14:58
Intro Into Automation2 lectures • 46min
- Intro Into Automation07:36
- Automation Walkthrough38:34
Bonus Lecture – Apply to take the Foundation Level IT Professional Certification1 lecture • 1min
- Apply to take the Foundation Level IT Professional Certification (FLITPC)00:37