Fully automate testing of main flows of any web site or web application
Learn to tie requirements to test automation code using Cucumber/Gherkin
Have a good foundation on how to do test automation
Eliminate or greatly reduce the need of manual testing
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Basic understanding of web technology
- Knowledge in Java script is helpful but not required
Note: This course is unfinished and need to be updated to match our new user interface. It should be no problem following the course, just note that the navigation and test tree has changed to use a structure similar to Visual Studio Code.
I will try and do this as soon as possible.
Learn the basics of test automation using the code-less automation tool Boozang.
- Fully interactive! You will be doing real automation on our site The Lab
- You will learn recording scenarios for most common test automation scenarios
- Learn to use BDD syntax Cucumber/Gherkin to express test outcomes
- Learn to apply control flow logic, such as if/else cases and loops
- Learn simple data-driven testing by binding data into forms
- Extract data from the user interface and use it in your tests
- Transform your business to Agile/DevOps/Continuous Integration
Normally, doing test automation in tools like Selenium requires programming and has a long learning curve.
The student should be able to complete the course in a couple of hours and be able to create automated tests for fairly complicated web sites or applications without any prior knowledge of programming or test automation tools.
Let me know if you have any feedback or suggestions by contacting me at: email@example.com. I love to hear from you!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to learn test automation
- Manual testers who want to save time by eliminating repetetive work
- Developers who want to learn how to quickly automate UI testing
5 sections • 13 lectures • 45m total lengthExpand all sections
Introduction2 lectures • 7min
- Introduction to The Lab03:15
- Introduction to the tool04:13
Why do Test automation1 lecture • 2min
- Why do test automation02:04
Working with timeouts and delays5 lectures • 19min
- Importing the Cucumber feature03:05
- Test step implementation and timeouts06:26
- Importing a feature with several scenarios02:56
- Test steps for negative test03:51
- Test steps for positive test02:48
Conditionals and other control-flow logic4 lectures • 14min
- Using many when/then statements02:12
- URL reloading policies02:45
- Conditional logic with if/else group05:04
- Linking the test steps and fixing element selectors03:55
Forms1 lecture • 2min
- Data-driven scenario outlines02:29