Students will learn Cucumber BDD from a beginner’s level all the way to a fairly advanced level using Selenium WebDriver 4 and Java.
Become familiar with Cucumber BDD.
Become familiar with Selenium WebDriver 4.
Ability to develop small robust Selenium & Cucumber Framework(s).
- You should have some very basic knowledge of Selenium WebDriver & some basic knowledge of Java.
- Are you an automation tester who wants to add Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) / Cucumber & Selenium WebDriver to your Resume?
- Are you someone who has often heard of the phrases Cucumber or BDD… but has the slightest idea what these technologies are?
- If you look at the majority of ‘QA Automation Testing Role(s)’ advertised online, most of them will require you to have knowledge and experience in BDD / Cucumber.
- Conduct some self-research of your own and you will discover that Cucumber (BDD) & Selenium WebDriver are in very high demand in today’s market place!
WHY LEARN CUCUMBER BDD?
- Cucumber (BDD) simplifies the requirement capturing process. Requirements can be captured, broken down and simplified effortlessly; making the captured requirements readable to anyone within the organisation and in turn providing the required details and backbone to develop accurate test cases also known as ‘Feature Files’.
- Cucumber (BDD) simplifies the process of developing automation test scripts! Students enrolled within this course will see why!
- Students will learn Cucumber BDD from a beginner’s level all the way to obtaining the knowledge to develop a small compact Cucumber BDD framework(s) of their own.
- Cucumber is one of the BDD frameworks which is in very high demand. Search online for many automation testing roles and you will likely see BDD, Cucumber as a mandatory requirement!
WHY CHOOSE THIS COURSE?
- You will have the ability to shadow the learning process every step of the way.
- This course is structured in a way which will enable anyone with basic knowledge of Java and Selenium WebDriver to create basic to advanced Cucumber test(s) and even gain the ability to develop small compact Cucumber framework(s) from scratch.
- If you have basic knowledge of Java and Selenium WebDriver and wish to further enhance your skills within Cucumber (BDD) and add another skill to your Resume then this course is for you!
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
- Gain a greater understating of Selenium WebDriver 4 & JAVA.
- Gradually learn and understand Cucumber (BDD) from a basic level.
- What is Gherkin? How can we use Gherkin?
- Become familiar with Cucumber Keywords, such as ‘Given’, ‘When’, ‘And’, ‘Then’.
- Understand what exactly are Feature File(s) & how to create Feature File(s).
- Understand what are Step Definition Classes & how to create Step Definition Classes.
- Java JDK and Apache Maven setup.
- Become familiar with IntelliJ.
- Learn Apache Maven.
- Learn the importance of the Maven POM File.
- How to simplify the update process (Dependencies) of your project.
- Understand Browser Drivers; ‘Chromedriver’.
- Understand the importance of Cucumber Hooks.
- And more!
Who this course is for:
- Automation Engineer(s)
- Software Development Engineer(s) in Test.
- QA Engineer(s) / QA Analyst(s) / Manual Tester(s) wanting to learn Automation Testing; BDD / Cucumber.
- Anyone wanting to understand and learn the concepts of Cucumber BDD and Selenium WebDriver.
- Anyone wanting to learn the skills required to develop a Small and Simple Cucumber (BDD) framework(s).
- Automation or Manual Testers wanting to add another skill to their Resume (CV)!
4 sections • 18 lectures • 1h 45m total lengthExpand all sections
Environment – Setup3 lectures • 18min
- Java JDK07:56
- Apache Maven04:43
- IntelliJ & Cucumber Addon04:54
Project – Setup7 lectures • 29min
- What is Apache Maven?04:57
- IntelliJ – Layout Update – [Please Read]00:09
- Project Setup04:26
- POM File & Downloading Dependencies07:31
- Browser Drivers03:20
- Maven Lifecycle Commands05:13
- Maven Compiler Plugin03:25
Cucumber Basics7 lectures • 57min
- What is Cucumber? & What is Gherkin?07:48
- Feature File – Creation07:13
- Mapping Step Definitions05:00
- Hooks & Browser Driver Setup08:14
- Implementing Step Definitions – Part 1/310:47
- Implementing Step Definitions – Part 2/310:38
- Implementing Step Definitions – Part 3/307:05
Next Steps – Important1 lecture • 2min
- Next Steps01:47