About this Course
Kickstart your learning of Python with this beginner-friendly self-paced course taught by an expert. Python is one of the most popular languages in the programming and data science world and demand for individuals who have the ability to apply Python has never been higher.
This introduction to Python course will take you from zero to programming in Python in a matter of hours—no prior programming experience necessary! You will learn about Python basics and the different data types. You will familiarize yourself with Python Data structures like List and Tuples, as well as logic concepts like conditions and branching. You will use Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy & Beautiful Soup. You’ll also use Python to perform tasks such as data collection and web scraping with APIs. You will practice and apply what you learn through hands-on labs using Jupyter Notebooks. By the end of this course, you’ll feel comfortable creating basic programs, working with data, and automating real-world tasks using Python. This course is suitable for anyone who wants to learn Data Science, Data Analytics, Software Development, Data Engineering, AI, and DevOps as well as a number of other job roles.
SHOW ALL COURSE OUTLINESHOW ALL
This course is part of multiple programs
This course can be applied to multiple Specializations or Professional Certificates programs. Completing this course will count towards your learning in any of the following programs:
- IBM Data Science Professional Certificate
- IBM Data Analyst Professional Certificate
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- Describe Python Basics including Data Types, Expressions, Variables, and Data Structures.
- Apply Python programming logic using Branching, Loops, Functions, Objects & Classes.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using Python libraries such as Pandas, Numpy, and Beautiful Soup.
- Access web data using APIs and web scraping from Python in Jupyter Notebooks.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
- Data Science
- Python Programming
- Data Analysis