With the increased demand for individuals with coding skills to join the workforce, there has never been a better time to upskill with our Coding Practices Level 3 course.
- Learn about the stages of the software development lifecycle
- Find out about the use of coding standards, practices, and design process
- Learn how to write and debug interpreted and compiled code
- Discover how to fix bugs using appropriate techniques and learn about prevention methods
Successful completion of this course leads to a Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices. This is a Government funded nationally-accredited qualification – which means that if you are eligible you can study for free!
Benefits of studying with vision2learn:
- It’s FREE for eligible learners.
- Study 100% online at your own pace, whenever and wherever you like.
- Gain a vocational qualification valued by UK employers.
- One-to-one support from a dedicated tutor throughout your course.
- Free additional online and telephone customer support.
All courses are subject to availability, so apply today to secure your place.
The course consists of five units and each unit contains an assessment to demonstrate your knowledge of each subject area. Once you have completed all five units, you will achieve a Level 3 Certificate in Coding Practices.
Unit 1: Coding requirements and planning
- Understand software methodologies in project management
- Understand the capture and documentation of requirements
- Understand risk management
- Understand how teamwork contributes to the effective delivery of software
Unit 2: Understand coding design
- Understand the use of coding standards
- Understand the purpose of good coding principles and practices
- Know about coding reviews
- Understand databases
- Understand the principles of interface design
- Understand the importance of building security by design into software at the development stage
Unit 3: Implementation of coding
- Understand tools used in coding
- Understand key concepts of coding
- Be able to debug and write code
Unit 4: Software testing
- Understand different levels, types and methods of testing
- Know about test-driven development
- Be able to identify and fix a bug
Unit 5: Understand deployment, maintenance and configuration management
- Know about deployment
- Understand maintenance in coding
- Understand configuration management and version control systems
Who is this course for?
This qualification is designed for learners who want to increase their knowledge, skills and understanding of coding. Successful completion of the required units will allow the learner to develop in-depth knowledge, skills and understanding of coding practices. It will also support progression into relevant employment and further study in coding.
To be eligible for a free place you must be:
- 19 or over at the start of the current academic year 31st August
- Resident of England only and does not cover Northern Ireland or Wales
- UK or EU resident of three years or longer or outside of the EU be able to provide Visa Evidence
- Your employment status or prior level of qualification may affect your eligibility to study with some colleges.
- You are able to complete the course regardless if you are working or receiving benefits. If you receive benefits, you will be asked to provide evidence in the form a current award letter.